Archive for the ‘Dell’ Tag
Dell has just announced that the new Inspiron Mini 12 laptop will be available globally sometime in the month of November for around $600.
Dell refers to this product as being a laptop (not a netbook). This sounds rather unusual, as this product runs on an Intel Atom-type CPU which, so far, has been used only by UMPCs and netbooks. Morover, this specific model will run on a “Z” series Atom CPU which was developed for handheld internet tablets, not notebooks.
Here are some specifications:
- 12-inch display (1280×800)
- Atom CPU (1.3GHz Z520 or 1.6GHz Z530)
- 1GB RAM
- 40, 60, or 80GB hard drive
- Bluetooth and 802.11b/g
- Built-in webcam
- 3G wireless option available in 2009
- 3 or 6-cell battery (respectively 3h and 6h operating time)
- 3 USB ports and a 3-in-1 card reader
- Windows Vista Home Edition (Linux Ubuntu available later)
- Starting weight of 2.72 and 0.92in at its thinnest point
After Nokia’s “Comes with music” phones, Dell is introducing something similar with their computers.
Shoppers will now be able to add movies to their computer purchases right on the Dell website during checkout. The movies will be pre-loaded on the hard drive with all the extras that would normally come with the DVD version of the same movie.
For now, only “Iron Man” is available but more titles are to come. Count $20 per movie.